If you are reading this right now, it can only mean one thing; you want to build a successful website. You have come to the right place. Here, you will find a guide on how to accomplish what you intend to do. So lets first start with the basics.
Introducing Conversion Rate Optimisation
1) Higher conversion rates which result in better return on investment (ROI).
3) Improve the return on investment resulting in effective webpages attracting visitors for longer.
4) Most importantly, focusing on the right target audience.
The following measureable factors help to form testable hypotheses to establish the strength of your total conversion rate.
– Conversion Rate = the number of conversions divided by the number of visitors to the website.
– Bounce Rate = the percentage of people who leave after viewing a single page.
– Exit Rate = the percentage of people who leave the last page viewed.
– Average time on site: how long people stick around on your website.
– Average page views: amount of pages average visitors went through before leaving.
How high does your conversion rate need to be? This depends on how high you want to aim. It’s easy to say you want to attain the highest conversion rate, but will this benefit you, and are you able to consistently keep this up? It’s best to begin with a low conversion rate and slowly work your way up, till you are comfortable with what you have reached.
- It is important to have headlines that are bold enough to capture the attention of your target audience. Once you have captured their attention, you need to keep their attention. Your target audience are clearly searching for something, therefore, you need to give them the necessary answers and solutions they came to find. Dont dissapoint your target audience and neither should you give false promises because this will harm your sites potential future.
- Use graphics. Your graphics need to be clean and unique and because they enhance the attractiveness of a site, it is necessary that they relate to the topic and subject being discussed. They can even be used to back up information or display results and evidence for example. We must not forget to mention the obvious statement that a page full of text can end up being very tedious for readers, resulting in boredom. Make sure that your graphics are placed correctly and fit the lay out. Even though they can make the page more exciting and fun, they can’t be too distracting and overpowering to the extent of your visitors missing key information.
- Another factor that is important is the usability of your site. It is extremely necessary that your visitors are able to find your site when searching for keywords or adWords that link to it. Make the process of using your site as easy as possible so that there is no unnecessary confusion for your visitors. The site should be easily identifiable by using logos, slogans, taglines, company and contact information. Imagine your visitors dont have much time, if they dont know who you are, how will they know what you offer? Also, dont forget to link all the pages your site offers, including any external links you offer to your visitors; you want to avoid dead ends. In other words; create a smooth process for your visitors.
- Is your Call to Action clear and easy to find? This button results in finalising conversion. Therefore, it needs to be obvious, the correct size, text, colour and linked to conversion. Oh and if your not sure what we mean by text, you can use phrases such as ‘Buy Now’, ‘Sign Up’ and ‘Download’.
Tip! Experiment with your call to action button, see if you think it fits the criteria, or even ask a friend to see what he or she thinks.
- Make sure your site is trustworthy and provide Customer Testimonials. Allow your visitors to believe they aren’t being taken for a fool and provide them with evidence that customer satisfaction is your main priority. You could create a seperate page of reviews from other customers giving their opinions on products and services purchased.
- Are you using up-to-date Search Engine Optimisation? Be sure to use the correct keywords and adWords on your site. Label your seperate sections well with titles and headings that link to the topics you discuss. Make sure that you don’t use irrelevant keywords or ones that dont link to what you are selling because, this will bring visitors you don’t want, and won’t bring the visitors you do want; leaving you with few or no conversions.