You are running a business for quite some time, your target audience is visiting the website but they are not taking the action you want them to take. In this post I will try to explain how you can improve online results by setting up a conversion optimization strategy that will convert the potential prospects..
Conversion Rate Optimization
CRO is a method that is being used by most success websites, with the help of analytics and users feedback to gain information on where improvements can be made. Figuring out what the customer/visitor wants at the arrival. CRO can take different forms of approach based on the key performance indicators (kPIs).
what is meant by conversion?
Conversion is an explicit action you want your visitors to take when they are on your web, this action can be:
- Sign up
- Chat. Etc.
So converting passive page visitors into more active users that will engage and take an action that you as a owner desire.
How to CRO
Here are the basics steps that one needs to make.
Phase one start measuring and know your customers
– Indentify the trouble spots, you can use analytics service of your choice.
– Find out the critical number for CRO, total conversion number divided by number of visitors on your site.
– Figure out what the numbers mean to you.
– What is the goal
Use Google analytics
– Go back to goals established in phase one
– Look at the metrics related to this goal
– How well are they meeting the expectation that you had? You might want to have survey taken
Now take a look at the baseline and the indentified problem , investigate and come up with potential design to test your hypotheses
This where you get to design your tests, take everything that you have learned from previous phases and design a test strategy. Be sure to make a list of priorities. It’s crucial to triple check the numbers and keep records of everything.
It’s time to run the tests and wait for the results , thumbs up if the test was successful you can now scratch the identified problem .
Don’t be discouraged if your test wasn’t successful as you hoped for just go back to step four and analyze the data , and design a new test.
Keep in mind that converting every site visitor isn’t favorable, you should focus on designing a user friendly flow that will push the right visitor into an active user.
Having traffic is crucial for any website that’s why companies are willing to invest thousands if not millions into getting the right audience that will convert. CRO method is cost effective because you already use existing customers to analyze the problem. The process helps you to know the customers better. Here are seven points why conversion rate optimization is important and will increase the amount of visitors into converters.
- Optimization gets you the right customers( you don’t want to convert just anyone, but rather people who are in love with your product/service )
- It’s basically free ( CRO benefits from the your already existing visitors, so you are not spending extra money to acquire visitors)
- Dominating market share (the more traffic you get via CRO the better your conversion rate)
- You are valuable to affiliates and partners( people trust you)
- Helps you improve (sites like Amazon are favored because they always improve on their conversion process )
- Extra cash to spend on new users( you will have disposal income to acquire new users
- A higher conversion rate equals high revenue.
Please don’t hesitate to send me an email if you want to gain more insight on this subject .
Belise a marketing student that aspires an international career.
Founder of Rockable and blogger @ style by LB