Are you a new comer to responsive web design? Need to know why you NEED it? Or are you just looking for more interesting facts about this topic? Than today’s blog is just right for you.
Responsive web design is necessary now and in the future for any business. If we look at the number of mobile devices and new trends, we know that your business virtual doors are the doors of the future.
What is Responsive Web Design? (RWD)
First of all we need to know what responsive web design is. “RWD means that you can have one single source, one single code, and one single website that will optimize itself for viewing on all mobile devices.”
On nowadays market there are many devices available: laptop, pc, Android phones, Windows phones, the IPhone, IPad, Kindle fires, Chrome books. All these devices have different screen sizes, and your website should work perfectly on any of them. But how can we manage this? Responsive Web Design is the answer. With good RWD your website can easily adjust itself to look perfect on any screen size.
Why do I need it?
You may think I do not need Responsive Web Design, I will just built a separate mobile version of the website. Instead of redesigning my current website into a RWD proof website. This option has three mayor pitfalls:
- Not a long-term solution – RWD will prepare you for the future, it will be adaptable to any new screen that will enter the market.
- Not a slick management solution – With RWD you only have to update one platform, since it is as well linked to a mobile version.
- It will hurt your Search engine optimization efforts – Having two versions of your website, Google, Yahoo and other search engines will make it a lot harder for you.
- Look at analytics, where are your customers coming from?
- Don’t overdo your web design, simplicity is key.
- Bury less important content for a mobile user.
- For a mobile user your contact information and how to find you will be one of the most important reasons to enter your site. Integrate a location button to help your customers and make it easier to find you.
- Consider load time, for Google this has to be 2 seconds or less.