What is Social Media Marketing?
Social media marketing is ‘a form of internet marketing that applies various social media networks to achieve marketing communication and branding goals’. Their aim is to share content, videos, and images. For small companies this is the best option, as it allows for them to reach a high number of customers.
It is said to be an excellent and cost-effective way to promote your business. There are many social media sites to use in order to promote your business. This include: Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest, Google+ and Youtube.
Facebook is recognized as the number one network for many people all over the world. With Facebook, your brand will be able to update their followers with different content. But before doing all that, you’ll need to create a Facebook page. After designing your page, your brand will need to develop a good posting plan. You will need to think about this type of questions:
– How many times per day should you post?
– Are there specific hours that yield better engagement?
– Does your audience react better to photos or text posts?
– Should you keep a formal tone or be more friendly and conversational?
You will need to have one thing in mind; your objective is not to make direct sales but to build relationships with potential clients.
This social media lets you relay your updates across the web. You are able to follow brands and different businesses in your same industry or related fields.
In order to have success you will need to tweet about discounts, news and update information in an interested way. Also, retweet when a customer says something good about your company, and never forget to answer people’s questions. This social media is all about interacting with other people.
This form of social media is the most professional amongst marketing sites, and is used by businesses to achieve their goals. This form of social media is effective because businesses are able to see your company, which then encourages customers to give your business a recommendation and positive feedback on the LinkedIn page. Overall making your company come across more reliable and professional to future customers.
It allows the users to share images by ‘pinning’ photos or videos to pinboards. As the content is mostly visual, it is centered in creative and visual artists. It allows business to demonstrate their own products while developing their own brand personality with pinboards.
With this social media business will be able to create a company page to upload photos, videos and links. All the information that you use in this social media, will need to include rich text and relevant keywords. With this social media, you can segment your followers into smaller groups and share information with the group you think will be more interested.
This social media is considered to be the number one in creating video content. The best way to use youtube is creating a ‘how-to’ videos. These types of videos have a feature which rank videos through the search results featured on Google. Unfortunately companies make the mistake of creating a video content with the intention of making their video go viral.
Moreover, social media has it’s advantages and disadvantages. Let’s start with the advantages:
– The business will be able to reach millions of people around the world.
– Many social media allows business to target specific groups.
– Many social media are free for business, and even the paid options are low-cost.
– Social media platforms allow for people to communicate on a personal level with their customers, whether this be individual or in groups.
– Using social media, it will allow the business to distribute information to different people in a quick way.
– In order to use social media, business don’t need a high-level skills to participate in social media.
However, marketing through social media also has its risks:
– Business will waste time and money.
– The distribution of information can sometimes be incorrect (for example, incorrect information posted or negative reviews by others).
– Legal problems if the business don’t follow the privacy legislation. As well, as the laws regarding spam and copy right.
In conclusion, there are many ways to market your business, but using social media is an easy way to promote it in a cost-effective way. They provide a direct communication and requires less spending than other types of marketing.