In an era where content is one of the most valuable features of a company, tools and developments to aid your expertise to shine through have never been so in demand. In the past, businesses would hide their secrets and successes behind seven locks, and milk it until it ran dry. Nowadays, with millions and millions of businesses online, and millions and millions of questions in the consumer’s mind, it is only natural that businesses would set themselves apart from competitors by using their best weapon, their expertise.
Webinars are a relatively easy, inexpensive and effective way of generating traffic to your website, and showing customers that you care! After all, you already have everything you need! Share your expertise, engage with customers, answer questions, and create a platform to promote your products without the patronizing BS that no longer works .
Several businesses have reported that webinars have generated twice the traffic that their corporate blogs, be one of them by following a few simple steps.
Start with WebEX, one of the most efficient tools for web meetings and presentations. This can help you engage with your audience in an easy and interactive way for mobile and desktop users.
Teach, Don’t preach!
Marketers seem to have finally learned that advertising a product or service by using the classic “we are the best” no longer work. Consumers are pickier than ever before, they want the benefits before purchasing the product. That is when your company comes in, with a killer webinar that will provide customers with all the information they need about your area of expertise.
A good webinar is the one that goes more in-depth into the information your company is already putting out. Start conversations with your customer-base, find out what do they want to know more about, find out how information can help you emphasize your product.
My passion will soon be your passion!
While content is already 60% of a successful webinar, the way you organize this content is the other 40%. Make sure to use a tone of voice that is pleasant and understandable to your target audience, and also assure them that you are doing this purely because you love what you do. Don’t only include slideshows and empty promises, show them how they can not live without your product.
Get a pattern, until it no longer works!
It is very important to maintain consistency in the webinars your business does. Make sure to provide customers with content using similar patterns in slides, tone of voice, posting days, etc. This will make it easier for them to identify you, and keep track of your updates. Moreover, it is also important to know when your current model no longer works, ask consumers for feedback, watch other successful webinars, and more important try it out and see if it works. The most important part is educating your consumer base in a fun and interactive. Make sure slideshows are to the point, images are of quality, and that questions are also answered in a concise fashion.
Good audio system!
Audio is the backbone of a successful webinar! Understanding charts, graphs and infographics are already challenging enough, imagine being guided by a presenter that seems to be talking from his walkie talkie while diving in his yellow submarine.
Audio can successfully explain and detail out concepts and ideas presented, but keeping in mind the limited time-span of a webinar, audio should also not go into unnecessary details.
Make sure to show your passion for your field, and more importantly why you are doing the webinars. People like to listen to experts, but they like it even more when they can feel the passion you share for your area of expertise.
More info? Check this infographic:
Do you have more tips on how to successfully implement webinars in businesses? Please let us know in the comments below.