Hello my lovelies! I am back with another post and let’s be real weather is being a bitch to Holland, poor Holland *complain time*. Anyway I am not here to talk about weather but to talk about stereotypes that Pakistanis have. First thing first what is stereotype? Stereotype is an oversimplified interpretation about a group of people. Every culture has certain stereotypes, Pakistanis have too. Here’s a list of few Pakistani stereotypes.
NOTE: I am only going to talk about the stereotypes that Pakistanis have towards other Pakistanis.
1. Gender stereotypes:
- In today’s modern society many Pakistanis does not support the fact that women can be career oriented. Pakistanis are so masculine that they think it’s a shame for them if their daughter/wife/sister has a better job than men. Women can only have standard jobs like doctor and teacher, Girls can’t be painters, artists, designers, models, or actresses. Honestly this perception of a large group in Pakistan makes me loathe.
- Many Pakistani men think women can be nothing but house wives. They should stay at home and take care of children.
- Women should not argue even if they are 100% right, they should stay quiet. what!
- Men should be career oriented but not women. 🙁
- Women who wear hijab or headscarf are compliant and perfect, while women who do not wear headscarf are disobedient and shame for their family.
- Women who wear jeans are disrespectful and should be ashamed of.
2. Skin stereotypes:
- White skinned/light skinned folks are pretty and are marriage material.
- Dark skinned are not pretty and attractive at all. Features or personality doesn’t matter, only skin colour matters. Picture Courtesy: Google images
- All the skin care products are with whitening supplements
3. Age stereotypes:
- Honestly I hate this one the most. If a girl is in her thirties and not married means she can’t get married she too old.
- If a men is in his thirties means they still can marry whomever they want. They are eligible bachelors.
4. Love stereotypes:
- There is no such thing as love but true love for your family
- How can someone fall for a stranger eew!
- Couples can’t say I love you among other family members because it’s shameful.
- Girls who go on dates are sluts and guys who take girls on dates are studs
As you can see most stereotypes are for women in Pakistan, sad reality. As I always say do whatever you want to do, but society is changing though, people are getting good education and becoming more open minded which is good and it makes me happy.
My advice for young adults who are planning to move to the Netherland or already living here should leave these stereotypes back at home, these ridiculous Pakistani stereotypes won’t take you anywhere but hold you back. Don’t do this to yourself and move on. Have a open and be open to try new good things.
That’s it for today, I honestly don’t believe in any of these stereotypes because some of these are really stupid but yes this is how we are. Comment down below and let me know which stereotypes you have did I forget to mention any.