Fried rice is one of the most well-known and popular Asian dishes. There are a wide variation of fried rice, as a homemade dish, you can be very creative with what flavor of fried rice you prefer. It is one of my favorite dishes to make because it is easy to make, and with a few simple ingredients, or even leftover vegetable and meat in the fridge you can make yourself one delicious meal.
This week, I am making Thai fried rice. Thai food is known for a taste of sweetness and sourness in the dishes. In another of my recipe post: Easy 20 Minutes Asian Recipe: Green Curry, I bought a small bottle of fish sauce, so I thought I can make use of the rest of the fish sauce I have left. With some basic ingredients I already have in the fridge, it only took me less than 20 minutes to have my dinner ready!
Here is a small tip for everyone, use leftover rice for fried rice. Freshly cooked rice is moister, it will be harder to fried because the steam can make the rice too sticky to fry.
Thai Fried Rice
- 2 tbsp. of fish sauce
- 4 tbsp. of soy sauce50ml of water
- of sugar
- 1 tbsp. of freshly squeeze lemon juice
- 2 heads of garlic, chopped
- 1 slice of green onion, chopped
- 1 egg (beat it)
- 10-15 pieces of shrimps
- Half piece of can lunchmeat, cut into small pieces
- 1 bowl of rice
- First fry the beaten egg, like scramble egg, remove the eggs when its half cooked, set it aside.
- With the same frying pan, add some olive oil, first fry garlic, and then add shrimps. Fry the shrimps till the color is turning pink.
- Add lunchmeat, and then rice, mix it well. Add all sauce ( fish sauce, soy sauce, lemon, sugar) and fry it all together.
- Add the egg from step one in and fry and mix it for another minute.
- Place chopped spring onions on top of the cooked fried rice.
You may adjust the flavor of Thai fried rice by adding any of the sauce depending on how salty, sweet or sour you like your dish to be.
This is my last recipe to share. I hope you all enjoyed the Easy Asian recipes I shared! If you haven’t tried other Easy Asian 20 minutes cooking recipes, you can go to the following links: