Who doesn’t love Indonesian street food? If you are Indonesian of course you love Indonesian street
food! Indonesian street food is the best place to eat traditional food because it’s tastier and I love the atmosphere. But not all street food are good, you have to be smart and careful when you choose street food.
Jakarta has many kind of Indonesia street food, you can find them on the sidewalk, the small food stalls on wheels or to the motorbikes with a gas cooker. The local have many ways to serve
warm and fresh food to be delivered from the streets. One of the most popular street foods is kerak telor, a Betawi traditional spicy omelet. It’s very simple to make kerak telor! Just require a small pan and we don’t need oil to prepare it. The components are simple to get.
Here is the recipe!
100 gr glutinous rice (in rice form) and deep in the water for 2 hours
5 duck eggs
5 tbs ebi powder
5 tbs salt
5 tbs fried onion
5 tbs serundeng (fragrant coconut flakes)
2,5 tbs sugar
5 pieces chili
2,5 tsp of pepper powder
How to make it:
- Warm the fry pan until it’s hot
- Put in the ketan rice with the water on the pan, wait for 3 minutes
- After that put in the eggs, chili, pepper powder, salt and sugar. Stir it and close the pan with a lid to trap the heat inside.
- Every 1 minute open the lid and press it again using spatula to maintain the shape.
- If it’s already got harden, flip! Cook till both side become golden brown
- Already golden brown? Turn the heat down.
- Now put the ebi and fragranat coconut flakes on top. Ready to serve!
That’s my last Indonesian dessert & snack recipe for you guys. I hope you enjoy my blog about indonesian food and can heal your homesick. Now let’s enjoy your kerak telor with our friends, family or your loved ones!
If you want to see another desserts & snacks recipe: