When there’s a family gathering means that there’s a good food!! In this blog I will share a special recipe for Muslim special day, which is Eid Mubarak. Eid Mubarak is a special day for Muslims because we are celebrating the end of fasting. In Indonesian, locally known as Lebaran means
moments of forgiveness. We gather with our family member, friends, siblings and neighbors and forgive them of their past mistakes. On this day we enjoy our reunion moment together with people that we haven’t seen in ages. Being prepared for the moment is important because there will be guests arrive at your doorstep. It would be best to prepare yourself with a special cookie that is usually served during Lebaran, which is nastar. Nastar is a cookie with pineapple jam inside. This cookie is really famous in Indonesia during Lebaran.
Here is the nastar recipe from Food Ease TV !
2 small pineapples honey or 1 regular pineapple, grated & juice strained
425 gram flour
225 gram + 1 tbs sugar
200 gram butter
1 tbs Dutch butter (optional)
1 whole egg
1 egg yolk
How to make it:
- Put grated pineapple and 1 tbs sugar in saucepan with medium-low heat, until water is reduced and the pineapple turns into bright orange.
- Mix butter and sugar in a big bowl. Put in the egg yolks and the whole egg, and then mix it. Add flour while continuously mixing the batter.
- 1 tsp batter and then flatten it on your hand, formed into a tiny circle. Take about ¼ tsp of pineapple jam and place in the center of the flattened tiny circle batter. Roll.
- Brush the tarts with egg wash and repeat until all the batter is used up.
- Bake at 170ºC or 325ºF for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Ready to serve for your guests!
Thank you for reading my blog! Share this recipe with your friend who loves nastar!
If you want to see another desserts & snacks recipe: